Deltaviolin is supremely proud to announce the completion of the debut Luna Geckos album, “Slowlier”
In an initial limited pressing of just 8 handmade numbered copies – 3 on high grade textured covers & 5 heavy weight smooth covers, this first set has already run out at source!
A second edition is planned as a limited run of 50 copies. These will only available directly from the group, either by sending an email request for your copy, or from buying one at live performances. Reserve your copy by sending an email to email@example.com or use the online contact form here.
“Slowlier” began life late last year and was recorded, mixed and mastered at Squeeze Studio and Squash House by the group over a period of four months. The album features Ben Heaney on violin, vocals and bass; and Greig Stewart on percussion, vocals and bass. With super guest appearances from:
- Guillemots front-man Fyfe Dangerfield on tack-piano, ;
- Folk singer and songwriter Martin Furey providing vocals and whistle;
- Master thereminist Lydia Kavina;
- Oxford composer and Flights of Helios musician, Seb Reynolds on Kaoss pad
- haunting vocals from Julia Meijer and dramatic voice from actor Anne Stewart
The album has been produced using a strict DIY ethic and is housed in the unique “Four-Folds, One-Tuck” packaging by Ben Heaney.
The music tells the tale of someone’s descent into madness, death and the Afterlife…