easily and freely create Black Spot Flip Book pages here!
HOW TO CREATE A BLACK SPOT FLIP BOOK PAGE
- click on one of the small circles to access an image slide or use the arrow icons to scroll through to your choice
- Once you have created a Black Spot page then decide on two actions or sounds to do for each symbol
Note: Each of the four image rows below contain 16 slides. The order they appear is identical in each row.
HOW TO PLAY BLACK SPOT
circle = ‘click’; spot = ‘clap’
- Count a steady beat and follow the pattern of symbols doing the actions or making the sounds you decided on.
Be imaginative and creative but most importantly don’t cheat! If you get in a muddle, admit it, you hit a Black Spot and must start again!! There are many, many different ways of playing Black Spot.
SOME IDEAS FOR DIFFERENT USES OF BLACK SPOT:
- Read as fast or as slow as you can – remember, keep a steady beat and don’t cheat!
- Repeat the page a set number of times without pause or hesitation
- Read lines backwards, or by columns
- Swap actions around
- Memorise pages and string them together to make longer, more complex patterns
- Combine a multitude of ideas to create pieces.
… these are just some ideas that Black Spot students have tried and enjoyed… how do you play it?
Please do not hesitate to contact Deltaviolin directly for specific tailored use for your individual needs.
If you enjoy this page and use it, please be an Angel, make a donation. All proceeds to running costs and future products.
Some printed copies of this resource are still available – please contact here for very reasonable pricing.
Please note: The Black Spot Flip Book is a copyright protected and registered musical work.
- If you use Black Spot, any variation or derivative of this work to create music for a performance you must obtain a licence to do so – composers need to live too!
- If you use the webpage, any variation or derivative for teaching purposes please acknowledge both the author, Ben Heaney and the source, deltaviolin.com
- Please contact the author directly via the contact form on this website for all queries and permission requests – unless you have received a reply do not assume permission is granted.
- If in doubt, post a message on the deltaviolin twitter feed or facebook page